Subject: Re: postinstall fix sendmail problem on netbsd 3
To: Asmodehn Shade <asmodehn@gmail.com>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/07/2007 22:00:38
On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 09:46:49PM +0200, Asmodehn Shade wrote:
> ... I dont want to put the smmsp in my NIS...

There is no reason to do that. I'm using NIS on my NetBSD systems, too.
But I never add system accounts like "smmsp" to the NIS password file.
A prominent reason is that not all of the NIS clients run NetBSD.

> ... I dont want to build and spend a lot of time just for a beta :-p

You can download a binary snapshot from here:

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-4/
ftp://ftp.fr.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-4/

Or you can build the snapshot or another faster machine. That's what I did
when my firewall was still a very slow SPARCstation LX running NetBSD.

	Kind regards