Subject: Re: IPFilter-related question
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/15/2007 23:01:19
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 03:42:06AM +0800, Joseph A. Dacuma wrote:

> Is the connection to your ISP via pppoe

pppoa

> and using DHCP?

No.

> Maybe there lies
> your problem. With the exception of my wrong IPF rules, AFAIK, I never had
> problems with IPF acting as gateway. However, our set-up here and branch
> office are all static since 2.x upto now. You could investigate on that by
> turning off your modem for a few seconds and see what gives. Also, check
> how long the lease is given to you if your setup is DHCP.

There's no DHCP. I took a look at the logs, and there's not any trace of
ev. disconnection. tun0 had at the morning still the same IP address, as it
yesterday had.

> Second, when you say you restarted the firewall, did you mean the entire
> machine or flushed and reloaded IPF ruleset?

I made:
/etc/rc.d/ipfilter restart
/etc/rc.d/ipnat restart

Unfortunately, didn't have much time at the morning to investigate, now
I suppose that perhaps "ipf -y" could do. But why even this was needed,
anyway?

> You may have bumped into common problems like _out of_ or _no more_ in
> your system.

What exactly you mean?
--
				pozdrawiam / regards