Subject: Re: Xorg 7 on NetBSD
To: arnuld <geek.arnuld@gmail.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/04/2007 13:02:47
On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 10:25:03AM +0530, arnuld wrote:
> i checked the latest build of NetBSD-daily. why we are not using
> X11R7.2 ? i think it is technically better and follows open standards
> better than XFree86, the open standards that NetBSD is committed to

Whatever that might mean.
But the in-tree XFree base source tree is cross-compilable, and we have
not managed to get modular xorg into that shape yet.

Cross-compilablility is a must for the release engineering team for official
NetBSD releases. You can, however, use xorg from pkgsrc on your own machine
easily (a lot of people do that).

Martin