Subject: Support for SATA DVD-RW
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikael_Nystr=F6m?= <miny3945@comhem.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/01/2007 18:57:32
Hello!

I've got a question about support for DVD-RW equipped with SATA
interface in NetBSD. Anyone tried themselves to get one up and
running? I got one in a machine at home, the DVD shows up in the
dmesg output from the kernel but whenever i try to mount it the
entire machine hangs (it requires hard reset of the machine to
recover from it). I have an older PATA burner that was replaced by
this one which I could swap back, but I figured that I should ask you
all if there is some way I could get this thing working properly.

The release I'm running on is NetBSD/i386 3.1 and the burner in
question is a Samsung Samsung SH-S183A SATA attached to a Asus A7v880
board. I not to savvy regarding PC-hardware, could it be a problem
with lacking support from BIOS or is it a problem in the NetBSD driver?

/Micke

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> < )

This is Bunny.

Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world
domination!