Subject: Re: httpd CGI support for apcupsd
To: Thomas Bieg <tomsbsd04@tiscali.de>
From: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/28/2007 13:55:50
OK... So...

If I add :

    CONFIGURE_ARGS+=    --enable-cgi # include CGI support

to the Makefile, and make , then make update, the cgi scripts get copued
to /etc/apcupsd ... at which point, I have to manually copy them to
/usr/pkg/libexec/cgi-bin/ which is where, by default, Apache has its CGI
directory.

Once that is done, it's not enough... multimon.cgi is hard coded to talk
to localhost:3551... but the rest of the configuration for apcupsd uses
port 7000... which means that multimon.cgi build isn't made to look for
the right parameters.

Using :

    bounce -p 3551 localhost 7000

works fine.

Of course, a better way is to have SERVERPORT 3551 in
/usr/pkg/etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf and that works fine as well...

But I would prefer multimon.cgi to be built to use SERVERPORT as well,
rather than have 3551 hardcoded.

So... all in all, it works... with --enable-cgi and a bit of manual
configuration.

Manuel... care to make that formal? :)

Gilles.

--