Subject: Re: /dev/ttyXX for first serial port on NetBSD?
To: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
From: Thomas Bieg <tomsbsd04@tiscali.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/27/2007 20:44:59
Gilles Gravier wrote:
> And when I launch it, I get the following :
>
> bash-3.2# apcupsd -d 10 -b
> 0.000 apcupsd: apcupsd.c:211 Options parsed.
> 0.000 apcupsd: apcupsd.c:234 Config file /usr/pkg/etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf processed.
> 0.000 apcupsd: apcupsd.c:253 Attached to driver: dumb
> 0.002 apcupsd: apcupsd.c:355 Netmaster thread started.
> 0.003 apcupsd: apcnet.c:922 Master/slave network code disabled. Use --enable-master-slave to enable.
>

> So... seems that something is wrong.

Why do you think that there's something wrong? I don't see any error
messages so far. Does it keep running in foreground (it should with -b)
or does it return to the command prompt immediately?

If apcupsd keeps running and you have your serial cable connected try
to unplug the power from your UPS and check if you get any messages.

Tom