Subject: Re: apache 1.3 crashing when I enable PERL?
To: Gilles Gravier , Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: Francisco Valladolid Hdez. <ficovh@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/22/2007 00:22:46
--- Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org> wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> Just the
>
> PKG_OPTIONS.perl = -threads
>
> in /etc/mk.conf and make update in the pkgsrc perl
> directory generated a
> multi-hour rebuild of about evrything in my machine!
>
> But it solved the problem!
>
> So now Apache starts with PERL enabled...

Great!

> But when I try to open a .pl URL, I get :
>
> "You don't have permission to access /index.pl on
> this server"...
> Strange... I can get php pages to work fine.
>
> Any ideas of what I'm doin gwrong?

ummmm!, .. where is putting your perl scripts ?

Maybe you must put it in a separate directory such as
/perl/ or /cgi-perl/ using Location directive and
chmod 755 for files eg:

  PerlModule Apache::Registry
  Alias /perl/ /usr/pkg/httpd/perl/
  <Location /perl>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    PerlSendHeader On
    Options +ExecCGI
  </Location>

if you want use a perl script as you web page default,
then you maybe want add some Rewrite  Rules for do it.

Regards.

<http://www.icq.com/whitepages/about_me.php?Uin=77488526>

<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x8DE6D026&op=index>
> "Chastity is its own punishment." (/Solomon Short/)
> [/David Gerrold/]
> "De toutes les aberrations sexuelles, la chasteté
> est la plus
> aberrante." [Anatole France]

---
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! - 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)