Subject: Re: Installing a UPS for a NetBSD server... software and
To: Thomas Bieg <tomsbsd04@tiscali.de>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/20/2007 20:57:49
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 01:16:50 +0200
Thomas Bieg <tomsbsd04@tiscali.de> wrote:

> As for USB, no special driver is needed (only ugen) but a little
> kernel patch to prevent uhid from grabbing the device. The better
> solution is to force ugen to attach with "flags 1" but I don't know
> if this made it into the releases yet.
>
> (Alternatively you can disable uhid completely if you don't need it.)

It would be nice to get that fixed properly.  I can't do without uhid,
since two of my UPS-protected machines have USB mice.  (Aside: At this
point, I protect *all* of my machines with UPSs.  They're not that
expensive, and given the power quality around here they kick in fairly
frequently for brief periods.)