Subject: Re: smbd dies under heavy transfers
To: NetBSD/users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2007 13:23:51
On 4/16/07, Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com> wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2007, at 1:09 PM, Gilles Gravier wrote:
> > And when my precess would reach a crashing point, the size would be
> > about 130 MB... I have (temporarily) set ulimit to unlimited for 3
> > variables :

This isn't directed at any one person.

Anyone care to explain why this might be happening? I'm doing largely
the same thing but with about 1000 fewer files, and I'm not having
iTunes copy the files. It's using the files directly from the (NetBSD)
samba server. I don't see this same problem.

It seems like iTunes should just be working serially, file by file,
and that seems like it shouldn't be using so much memory?

Maybe I'm missing something here, I don't really understand what
iTunes is trying to do, or if Samba is trying to do something fancy.
It just "works", and I haven't messed with it.

Andy