Subject: Re: Request for network setup
To: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/2007 10:41:55
On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 04:06:57PM +0100, Liam J. Foy wrote:
> Is anyone using netbsd to forward packets over to a ppp/
> slip link?
>
> For example:
>
> LAN -> rtk0 : router : ppp/slip -> somewhere
>
> However - using no NAT. I know it's a tricky one to ask :-)
>
> If so, just get back to me privately and I'll speak to you
> that way.

I used to run a SLIP link between an old i386 laptop and a pmax, years
ago.  the i386 had 16450 UARTs, and would occationally drop characters,
but turning down NFS to 512byte blocks it was reliable, if slow.

there isn't anything magic to the setup; just allocate your IPs, set up
your routes, and make sure the router has forwarding turned on.

    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US
    is fair.  The US respects its citizens.  The US loves you.  We have
    always been at war against terrorism.