Subject: Re: new website with mplayer binaries
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/2007 10:39:40
> Perhaps this page of mine should be joined with Wiki page
> http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php/Links
> but speak for themselves in the matter.
>
> __I do not want to double or tripple others' works.__
> Do we really need at least three separate link pages (I didn't check
> deeply the topic)? Mine, "official's", and wiki's? Do we?

Probably a good idea to use that netbsd.se wiki Links page for now.

> BTW.
> 1)
> I __know__ I make a lot of errors. How can I spell-check my
> e-mails in Sylpheed?

The sylpheed package is not built with the gtkspell package by default.
This decision was done by the maintainer (or previous maintainer).
PKG_OPTIONS.sylpheed=gtkspell
Read the pkgsrc Guide about "Selecting Build Options".

> 2) Thunderbird can spell-check via "enchant" lib and encrypt e-mails
> with "enigmail" lib. Why NetBSD delievers in binary form __only__
> enchant library?

Nobody packaged enigmail. Somebody did suggest it and it is listed in
pkgsrc/doc/TODO. Google tells me a few people using NetBSD use enigmail.
Any volunteers?

  Jeremy C. Reed