Subject: Re: new website with mplayer binaries
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/2007 11:35:23
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> writes:

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> Sorry, I am not doing this. We will not redistribute the files. Instead I
> will work on documentation to help with using alternatives.

It is indeed too bad that Microsoft's license doesn't allow binary
packages.

> If someone wants to make a package that provides an installer for the
> fonts, they could use that instead. (Or they can use pkgsrc as the
> installer as it is now.)

It would be really nice to have a ms-ttf-generate package with the
original cab files, that when installed did the unpack and then
registered the ms-ttf package on the machine, so it was just as if a
binary ms-ttf had been installed.  This would avoid the binary packages
issue, although it's clearly a bit goofy.