Subject: Something better than `screenblank'?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/07/2007 17:32:13
I'm looking for the way to blank the screen (text mode!) after given period
of inactivity. Yes, I'm aware about existence of `screenblank' - but,
unfortunately, it seems to be broken. One positive thing is, that it can
switch the monitor off (seems to be using DPMS) - but:

- it doesn't switch it back on when moving the mouse, or pressing the key
  other than alphanumeric ones (so, no reaction on <Shift> or <Control>)

- very bad thing is, that it's blanking the screen while I'm typing(!)

No problem with blanking under XFree thanks to xset (f.e. `xset dpms 300 600
900'). Now I'm looking for "xset for text mode".

P.S. Shouldn't be that possible (in text mode) just using wsconsctl?
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski