Subject: Re: VPN help
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/03/2007 11:22:06
--7Magvp2j5U6epoiy

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 09:53:20AM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Quentin Garnier wrote:

> >>Well, a good thing perhaps for security. But ease of use, just creating
> >>a vpn connection using the built-in client has some advantages for me
> >>personally.
> >
> >I use devel/nsis to create installers so I can distribute an installer
> >with the cert and key to the end user.  In the end, much less support
> >than explaining how to create the PPTP connection.
>=20
> That's an excellent idea. Having not used nsis before, do you have any=20
> hints or example scripts?

openvpn-gui uses nsis, so what I did was actually just a hack of their
script to rename the installed program (e.g., "The Company VPN"), skip
some questions, display a text file about private key management and
security policy, etc.

In the end it's actually easier to provide it for Windows users than for
Linux users (I happen to have both).

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--7Magvp2j5U6epoiy

--7Magvp2j5U6epoiy--