Subject: Re: nfs server nor client don't start through rc.d system
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Feddersen <thomas.feddersen@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/14/2007 16:34:45
Am 12.02.2007, 00:30 Uhr, schrieb Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>:=

> On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 09:19:37PM +0100, Thomas Feddersen wrote:
>> I looked around a little in /usr/etc/rc.d ...
>
> You mean "/etc/rc.d"?

Yes, sorry for the mistake

> You are confusing names of configuration variables with names of
> scripts in "/etc/rc.conf". The guide tells you to put the following
> settings into "/etc/rc.conf":
>
> 	rpcbind=3Dyes
> 	mountd=3Dyes
> 	nfs_server=3Dyes
> 	lockd=3Dyes
> 	statd=3Dyes
>
> Please do that and reboot your system. It will start the daemons in
> appropriate order and enable the NFS service.

Thank you Matthias, your instruction did the trick, the system starts fi=
ne  =

now. Yes I wasn't aware that cornfiguration variables exist separately  =

 from the scripts. Somehow I assumed that the statements in /etc/rc.conf=
  =

would simply enable / disable execution of the respective scripts in  =

/etc/rc.d. Sorry, I don't know nor understand that scripting language.

Question: Would you please recommend some further reading (beyond Ch.6 o=
f  =

the NetBSD Guide)?

Kind Regards
Thomas