Subject: Re: cgd(4) on / [Was: Re: sendmail problems]
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/04/2007 13:13:12
--E13BgyNx05feLLmH

Also sprach Lubomir Sedlacik (salo@Xtrmntr.org)
> On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 09:22:28PM +0100, Jan Danielsson wrote:
> > Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> there is some information in:
>=20
>  http://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/salo/init-chroot/
>=20
> all the paches are in the tree for almost a year.
>=20
> basically, you boot a kernel with a very simple md(4) image which
> contains all you need to configure/fsck/mount the cgd(4) volume and then
> run init(8) in a chroot from within.  you can even store it on an
> external device, e.g., usb disk on key. (i personally boot my laptop
> from LAKS Memory watches: http://tinyurl.com/yuzkpz )
>=20
> i've been meaning to write a HOWTO into the cgd(4) chapter of the NetBSD
> Guide for some time now, but i still haven't gotten around to do it..
=20
In two weeks I am going to install it on my laptop and I will then
update my German article on CGD. I can translate it also into english=20
so it can be added to the Guide.=20

--=20
Pedites pugnas decernent    http://www.jaegerseiten.de    Horrido!

http://www.net-tex.de                                 http://www.cryptomanc=