Subject: Re: sendmail problems
To: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/02/2007 10:31:22
Am 02.02.2007 um 9:25 Uhr +0100 schrieb Jan Danielsson:
>    One of the problems is that the DHCP server that this computer
>connects to, doesn't seem to send out 'hostname'.

What dhcp server? And do you have access to that?

Setting 'option host-name "foo";' in the dhcpd.conf, and 'request
[...],host-name, [...]' in /etc/dhclient.conf handles things nicely
for me. I don't bother with an /etc/hosts entry, though.

	hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281