Subject: Iterating through "fields" in a list
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/01/2007 09:15:25
--------------enigB6B7248D425390898EAFBC45

Hello all,

   (Using /bin/sh)

   I have a set of backup scripts which contain this:

   tar .... | bzip2 | gpg -r $ENCTO > blarg.tar.bz2.gpg

   ENCTO is a variable which is set prior to running the scrips. Now I
have realized that I need to encrypt to several recipients. I.e.:

   tar .... | bzip2 | gpg -r foo -r bar > blarg.tar.bz2.gpg

   Is there some painfully obvious way to construct the string:

   "-r foo -r bar"

   from the environment variable:

   ENCTO=3Dfoo bar

   (Using space as separator)

   "for" obviously uses file names, and doesn't seem to be able to use
space separated lists for processing.

   (Don't even suggest that I should create two files named "foo" and
"bar" somewhere so that I can use "for". Even I realize how ugly *that*
is. ;-)

--=20
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson