Subject: Re: pkg_add through proxy doenst work
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/01/2007 06:58:22
t.stritzky@teles.de (Tilo Stritzky) writes:

>Hi list,

>I sit behind a http-proxy (MS). So I set the ftp_proxy and http_proxy
>environment variables. Now simple ftp works fine but I cannot install any
>packages directly, see the the following script(1):

ftp_proxy is only honored for command-line fetches, but not for
interactive use.

pkg_add however needs to run ftp interactively as a co-process
to support wildcard URLs which aren't usuable through a proxy
anyway.

I guess one can teach pkg_add to handle non-wildcard URLs in
a special manner, but this also has implications on portability
since the proxy functionality is an extension of the NetBSD
ftp client.

>I also tried FTPMODE/FTPSERVER/FTPSERVERPORT and that does also not
>work. From tcpdump I can see the proxy is tried but at the wrong port
>(ftp, I need 80). Apparently etting FTPSERVERPORT has no effect.

These variables are for a special gate-ftp mode. I don't know
how that is used, but I guess this is not what you want :)

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de