Subject: Re: status problemreport
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Huub van Niekerk <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/11/2006 15:36:19
> Sounds like you're confusing the NetBSD project with a large company
> for which you pay great sums of money for support and can
> legitimately wonder why your support requests are not being handled
> in a timely manner.
>
> In fact, NetBSD is a volunteer project.  We might well ask you why
> you haven't provided a fix for your problem in 2.5 months...

Let me (try to) be a bit more clear. Before I filed the report, I also filed
reports on Gimp and Thunderbird. For those I received quickly responses
telling me the problems had been assigned to people who fixed them shortly
after. For Blender I never got such a response.

Other point is, I'm not a very good programmer. As such, it's not a good
idea if I go on trying to fix code for which there's a living project called
Blender. So, effectively all I can do is filing reports and hoping someone
can and will fix it.

I know NetBSD is a volunteer project. As such I have tried to build Sun Java
and Eclipse on NetBSD/amd64 (since that's what I'm running). I gave up on
that, since Java still isn't available on amd64. I hope it will be in the
near future. Then I can go on trying NetBeans and/or Eclipse.