Subject: Re: Trouble with Socket Dual Serial Port PCMCIA Card -> com[01] issue
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/11/2006 14:44:01
On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 05:45:36PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> I think that the reason that the card does not work is because you
> are not getting interrupts. I have some bad news. There is no driver
> for this card in either Linux or FreeBSD. There must be something simple
> to do to make it work, but without specs or a sample driver this is a
> bit difficult.

On the other hand, a USB serial adapter (I would recommend one based on
the Prolific chipset - they use the "uplcom" driver) will work and will
be much more efficient than a pcmcia serial adapter would ever be.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart