Subject: Re: "Root on... dumps on..."
To: Kevin Brunelle <kruptos@mlinux.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/05/2006 16:17:41
On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 10:21:32PM -0500, Kevin Brunelle wrote:
|If and when your system panics (crashes) the entire state of memory
|with be "dumped" onto your swap partition. This is so that it can be
|recovered with savecore and you can debug the problem. You do not want
|to change the partition to one which holds valid data as the entire
|partition would be destroyed in the case of a panic.

How does this behave in cases where we are using RAIDFrame? I'm using it
for my root disk and booting from it directly ... if the kernel needs to
create such a dump, how will this interact with RAIDFrame when it tries
to dump to /dev/raid0b as advertised?

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank