Subject: Re: When NetBSD 3.1
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/02/2006 16:50:30
On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 12:28:56PM +0100, Tobias Nygren wrote:

> Nothing good ever came out of rushing a release ;)
> Anyway, the latest scoop is on the #netbsd blog:
>
> http://blog.onetbsd.de/

Are the 3.1RC4 installation issues described by Louis Guillaume (quoted
below) fixed already?

#v+
 http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=3D25125

 ... Listed as non-critical, but could be a real stumbling-block for
 someone trying to do this the first time. Fixing it is, unfortunately,
 beyond my current abilities.

 But that's not the real trouble, I know the workaround for this: Either
 move or link destdir.i386 into obj/.

 The real trouble comes from postinstall. I didn't carefully read the
 output of =03heck' before running =06ix' (my fault).

 Several libraries are getting flagged as obsolete, and it breaks the
 system completely. I had to recover by booting from another disk,
 reinstalling binary sets and crossing my fingers that it was a
 postinstall issue (lucky for me it was).
#v-
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski