Subject: Re: Hardware Console Redirection
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/01/2006 07:53:37
On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 09:40:44AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 01:05:04AM -0500, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> > In either case, forget about sysinst/sysinstall to install off of stock
> > install media.
>
> I'm not sure why - just stop the bootloader (still in bios console
> redirection) and use "consdev com0". (Unless you used the bios console
> direction at > 9600 bps)

Actually, if we set the default speed for the serial port in the
bootblocks to "0", it would use whatever the BIOS had set up.

But this needs testing.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart