Subject: Re: anyone want to help teach online class on NetBSD development?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@xs4all.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/20/2006 09:21:43
--CC5qiHV/f0UkyWC4

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 09:11:37AM +0800, Danny Lau wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Now, althought I'm not a NetBSD guru and I actually study NetBSD just abo=
ut
> 1 year, I have wrote some articles based on my own study experience to
> help people from China who interested in NetBSD hacking more easily.(URL =
*in
> chinese*
> http://search.chinaunix.net/cgi-bin/search?mode=3Dall_author&u=3D192271&k=
ey=3Dgvim&forum_num=3D-1
>  )

Providing texts in specific languages is of course great, but I would
strongly recommend you start in English first, since you would reach a
much wider audience this way.  Most technical people can read and/or write
English quite well and since our documentation is pretty sparse already,
it would benefit the entire community to write new documentation in English.
Of course, if the subject has already been treated by an English document,
translating or rewriting a document on it in another language is a good
thing.

> BTW, if there has other valuable documents, books or online pages, artcle=
s,
> please let me know. Thanks

Have a look at the (unofficial) NetBSD wiki: http://wiki.onetbsd.org
It links to several papers about or related to NetBSD, and it is our
intention to gradually add more content on NetBSD hacking.  It has grown
a lot this past year, but most of these additions were on userland tools.
Now we've documented most common shell commands, it would be smart to
work more on the 'Hacking' category.

Of course, any additions by you or others from this list would be
gladly appreciated!

Regards,
Peter
--=20