Subject: Re: putting podcasts onto ipod with netbsd.
To: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/13/2006 08:24:07
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:54:05 +1000, "Paul (NCC/CS)." <pts@bom.gov.au>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> putting mp3's onto the ipod is possible using gtkpod.
> But I tried to use gtkpod to put a podcast ( chaser_ep28.mp4 )
> into the 'local' disk database ( not even onto ipod yet)
> and I get:
>
> The following track could not be processed
> (filetype unknown): '/home/pts/videos/chaser_ep28.mp4'
>
> -does gtkpod not do videos?

The version of gtkpod currently in pkgsrc does not do videos.  There
is a newer version out there that appears to handle video, but it's going
to take me a bit of work to put that into pkgsrc -- it's been split into
two pieces, each of which (I suspect) should be a separate package an dI
don't have time at the moment.

> -is there something that does?

Not that I know of.

> -if i simply copied it to a mounted ipod would the ipod be
> able to play it?

No.