Subject: Re: Nut-ups with USB
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Tooley <netbsdMLpostNO@spam.quake.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/11/2006 15:36:42
I was not able to get my APC-based hardware working with nut-ups. I was
able to get a partly modified apcupsd working with it, though, using a
USB connection to my stupid little 500VA APC units, removing all the
UPS HID stuff from the kernel and using libusb..

Unfortunately if I reboot the machine the APC UPSs are connected to they
get into a state where they stop responding--at all--and the UPS needs
to be power-cycled to get it to come back, so that's just about the
extent of my delvings into UPS hardware communications.

I do have a bad-ass opti-ups 1200 (or was it 1500) that's currently
powering some server hardware, but it's RS-232-only, so again I'm
afraid I don't have any better news for you.