Subject: Re: "New" NetBSD MBR boot documentation and recovery?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <yancm@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/08/2006 07:28:11
I do not get a countdown timer at all.

I just used the recent 3.0.1 release CD and did a more or less
default install.

To be clear, this system worked fine in the base configuration.

I actually took it all the way up to -current and then back
to -netbsd4 with no difficulty.

Only when I tried to optimize the kernel did I get a problem.

There is no counter that's the old bootloader.

Now all I get is:
  NetBSD MBR boot

  NetBSD/i386 ffsv1 Primary Bootstrap
  0

That's it. This is what the 3.0.1 installer put in place by default.
This is what I am asking about.