Subject: Re: Blog-server software for NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2006 06:22:01
On Sep 5, 2006, at 6:10 AM, Carl Brewer wrote:

> I'm running plone on zope on python on NetBSD, and it has a number of
> weblog products, maybe have a look at plone.org?

=10My general advice is to stay away from anything-php.  I prefer =20
things written in python.  But only due to large sweeping =20
generalizations.  You must not be "this tall to ride" with php so =20
just about every 12yr old is writing php web apps these days and =20
you're extremely likely to wake up one morning finding your blog has =20
been defaced by bulgarian extremists...   =10(keeps happening to a =20
friend of mine after every time he upgrades his php blogging =20
software).   I've also been the unfortunate sysadmin for a community =20
portal based on php-nuke which is a huge horrible security disaster.

Python, on the other hand, seems to have a higher barrier to entry so =20=

things written in it tend to be written more by professionals and =20
tend to have fewer security issues...

I'm quite sure many will disagree with me.  But this has been my =20
experience.