Subject: Re: Blog-server software for NetBSD?
To: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2006 13:49:47
> I'm considering hosting a blog on my web site... I'm already running
> Apache there... so obvious solution would be to host the blog there
> directly, rather than point to an external one. Is there a good blogging
> solution (I mean appart from "vim $HOME/public_html/myblog.html")?
> Ideally, something available in pkgsrc. :)

Not in pkgsrc, but: I'm very happy with Blosxom. It just needs perl to run
as a CGI from Apache (or whatever), and adding entries is done by creating
new text files, and there's no "database" (MySQL, ...) needed. Lots of
stuff can be done via plugins.

See http://www.blosxom.com/ for more, and my NetBSD blog at
http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/blog.html for an example.

Also, if you're frequently blogging NetBSD related things and want to get
listed on www.onetbsd.org, drop me or Kimmo a mail.

  - Hubert