Subject: Re: Repairing the damage (was Re: History of the NetBSD Foundation)
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2006 23:48:44
On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 11:00:24PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Similarly, there have been some complaints about the Foundation's bylaws;
> we wish the person bringing those complaints had shared them with us half
> a decade ago, ...

I only wish you'd quite making the FALSE claim that I didn't.  Of course,
all that discussion was in secret, so I don't imagine the public will
ever see it.  Yet another example of why the current process is broken:
EVERYTHING is secret.

> but you should note that even the supposed leader of this
> hypothetical evil-coup-d'etat-conspiracy almost immediately pointed out
> that some of the comments were reasonable, and that we should look into
> changing the bylaws appropriately.

Yes, apparently I have to make a public embarrassment out of it in order
to get any action taken.

But really, it's not good enough.  Even if those problems with the bylaws
are "fixed," all the points in my original statement still stand.