Subject: Re: History of the NetBSD Foundation
To: None <mycroft@MIT.EDU>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2006 18:09:27
"Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> The sources you site have nothing to do with the USL-NetBSD agreement.
> They are wholly irrelevant.

Ah, i see.  So when you say "the agreement" you are referring to a third
agreement.  Not the NetBSD developer agreement, nor the USL-BSDi settlment
agreement, but another, different, legal agreement that was signed between
USL and NetBSD.  Is that correct?

> What exactly is your point?

It was a request for information.

Obviously, you and other people (TLS, and Christos Zoulas) who have been
involved with TNP for over 10 years disagree about some of the historical
events.

 Some of what y'all are saying is news to me and apparently a lot of other
people reading netbsd-users. Therefore, i'm deciding whom to believe and
about what.  Understanding the issues, and correlating statements to
external sources of information may help me do that.

 -johan