Subject: Re: mplayer leaves processes behind after exit
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@xs4all.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2006 20:02:36
--ep0oHQY+/Gbo/zt0

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 12:55:25PM -0400, David W. Talmage wrote:
> Has anyone here noticed that mplayer leaves behind processes after it exi=
ts? =20
> I notice it after playing videos with the embedded kmplayer in the konque=
ror=20
> browser.

<snip>

> Is this a problem with mplayer in general or is it some quirk of my=20
> installation?

I've never had this problem with mplayer, but I use it directly from xterm.
It may be that kmplayer and/or konqueror don't bother to wait() for
child processes, leaving zombies on the system.

Check if it's still there when you quit konqueror, and see
konqueror/kmplayer's bug database.

HTH,
Peter
--=20