Subject: Re: History of the NetBSD Foundation
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/03/2006 10:15:39
On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 01:40:02AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> I assume you're talking about the developer agreement, because as far as
> I'm aware you know precisely as much about the agreement with USL as I
> do, and there is certainly nothing in my statement about it which is
> "hogwash".

Yes, I'm sure you were around to talk about it when it was signed.  Not.
Please keep your ignorance to yourself.

> As to the present necessity and purpose of the developer agreement, it
> should be pretty clear that, since you've essentially exiled yourself
> from the project for several years in a protest against its management,
> you are probably not the right person to ask.

Because there are *new* legal threats related to the code?  Could you
please enlighten us at to what they are?

> But if you want to
> quarrel with me about one of the several reasons I mentioned in my
> earlier message (it is growing tiresome to respond to the selective
> editing of my own text) be my guest; have it your way; I give up.

You accuse me of selective editing.  That's rich.  *snort*

How's that sysadmin group?  Kicked anyone else out lately?

You are one of the most power hungry a**holes in NetBSD, and frankly
I hope the community realizes this eventually and throws you out on your
arse.  Whatever work you may or may not do, you are a detriment to the
community.