Subject: Re: History of the NetBSD Foundation
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/01/2006 21:23:02
On Sep 1, 2006, at 6:34 PM, Marc Tooley wrote:

> . Why did Herb resign and perhaps inadvertently create a deadlock
> situation between the remaining voting members?

I've been trying to stay out of this because it's just what Charles
wants.  But I'll answer this question.

I resigned because at the time a number of us (board members and not)
were trying to reorganize the project into something that would
resolve a lot of problems that we had in the organization.  We hoped
to create transparency, accountability, and give the developers a
sense of ownership.  We spent ages going back and forth with proposed
documents and at every turn, Charles refused every draft when he
finally got around to reading them (as though he and he alone was the
one who was required to approve of the new structure).  Eventually, I
was spending so much time butting heads with Charles over it, that I
punted.

Following this message will likely be one from Charles dispelling all
of the above.  I have the email transcript to satisfy myself that I'm
not lying.

I now choose to stop participating in this shared hallucination.