Subject: Re: The future of NetBSD
To: Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@freebsd.org>
From: Eric Furman <ericfurman@fastmail.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/01/2006 01:05:46
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:03:04 -0300 (ADT), "Marc G. Fournier"
<scrappy@freebsd.org> said:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Miod Vallat wrote:
>
> >> I'd rather have Adaptec provide a source code driver for their cards
> >> directly, then have Scott Long have to fight with unavailability of
> >> documentation itself ... if the driver works, what do we need
> >> documentation for?
> >
> > To fix the driver.
>
> If the vendor is supporting the driver, and working with the community,
> then one would hope that they would also fix the driver as bug reports
> come in about it ...

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
OHHOHOHOHOHOHH, MY GOD WAS THAT FUNNY!!!! MY SIDES ARE
SPLITTING!!!!
Wait...
You weren't serious, were you?
You couldn't be serious. Nobody is *THAT* f*****g ignorant of
what has transpired between vendors and the open source community
over the last decade...