Subject: Re: How to access IDE drives over USB?
To: Hernani Marques Madeira <hernani@vecirex.net>
From: Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/30/2006 23:14:26
--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

Also sprach Hernani Marques Madeira (hernani@vecirex.net)
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 07:36:46PM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
>=20
> > This may seem far-fetched, but I have similar problem with my USB case
> > when I try to use it with only the power provided by the USB cable.
> > The disk never comes up.
> >=20
> > When I use the additional power supply cable (which takes it again
> > from a USB port - I have to use separate one, not from one nonpowered
> > hub), the disk comes back.
>=20
> Ah, there's no seperate power supply possible with my case. There's only
> the USB connector. I probably should try with another machine.

I had similar problems with an USB case too. A friend of mine tested
it with Gentoo Linux and couldn't get it to work.=20

Seems to be a non standard case, that does not work out of the box
with NetBSD.

--=20
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
--=20
http://www.net-tex.de
http://www.cryptomancer.de

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ