Subject: serial boot
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/15/2006 17:59:32
--------------enig5F46EB99AB5234BD86318D16

Hello all,

   I have a NetBSD system running at a remote location. Because it
stores some proprietary source code, it keeps a lot of data on
cgd-volumes. Whenever it goes down, I call the guy housing the system,
and read the passwords, character-by-character, over the phone as he
enters them. This works pretty well, since it has very little down-time.

   However, it would be nice if I could start it myself. As it happens,
he has another NetBSD-system running, and the systems can be connected
via a null-modem cable.

   My question: Am I correct in assuming that if I install the serial
boot code, I will be able to use the second NetBSD-system to enter the
cgd passphrases?

   If so, I guess it is "installboot" I use to install the serial boot
code; but how?

--=20
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.