Subject: Re: Question about terminals and keys
To: Gilbert Fernandes <gilboooo@gmail.com>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/13/2006 19:06:55
--------------enigDB7851B6B7248D425390898E

Gilbert Fernandes wrote:
> You can also modify your system so you display 80x50 chars on consoles
> (except first one that you will keep to its default 80x25). It's easy
> and makes
> it nice to use :)

   I usually use that, but on my current system I can not. All full
screen terminals that use 80x50 become garbled when I terminate X. It's
some issue with the UniChrome-chip on my motherboard. For that reason
I'm stuck at 80x25.

   Because of these problems I tend to use X more nowadays. :-(

   When time permits, I'm going to investigate the problem, and try to
get the OpenChrome drivers working. But until then, I'll have to use
wterm to get more than 25 rows in my terminals.

--=20
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson