Subject: Re: Game Pad Functionality
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: None <diro@nixsys.bz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/20/2006 20:18:21
Martin Husemann writes:

> On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 09:44:36PM +0000, diro@nixsys.bz wrote:
>> I've got a Microsoft (hey, it was free) SideWinder game pad, which would be
>> great to get to work under NetBSD.
>
> FWIW:
> I have a few SideWinder FreeStyle (or something) gamepads, which attach
> as a usb HID device and work just fine under NetBSD.
>
> Martin

Very cool! And comforting. Mine has a slide at the top when removed reveals
another port for connecting another controller. So, if i found another one
of these, it would be great to test (only testing; not playing games,
really!) if two connected to each other would work under NetBSD.

When adding all the "joy" entries to the kernel config file, i can get

joy0 at isa0 port 0x201
joy0: joystick not attached

or something similar, which  don't think that entry in the config file is
the right answer, considering the port is on the sound card.

More interesting is why it won't attach when connected via USB. In PTP mode,
my digital camera is not able to be detected when scanned. However, in
normal USB mode, it attaches normally. Another USB camera, attaches as
ugen0, but no uaudio0 is detected, even though it has a builtin microphone.
I've also not been able to get my printer communicating correctly.

Does it make sense to think that something is not going well in libusb?