Subject: Re: using a usb network adapter, which one?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/20/2006 20:27:29
--=-=-=

I used an aue(4) device, and it worked ok, but was USB1 and thus very
slow.  I'd be inclined to get a device listed in axe(4) if I were
buying something today; those seem to be USB2.

I expect that different brands with the same chipset are mostly
equivalent modulo build quality.  I'd probably choose brands who have
made other things that aren't junk and fail a lot.

Some chips are better than others - read the comments in the man pages
carefully.  Sorry, I don't have any recent data.

=2D-=20
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--