Subject: Game Pad Functionality
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <diro@nixsys.bz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/17/2006 21:44:36
I've got a Microsoft (hey, it was free) SideWinder game pad, which would be
great to get to work under NetBSD.

Nothing works yet with a couple different configurations. I tried connecting
it to the game port on the sound card (Ensoniq CT5880-A) and adding all of
the relavant isa joystick entries in the kernel config file. Nothing was
detected on boot. The LED light on the game pad is lit, and when the "mode"
button is pressed, it toggles on and off.

I have a game port to USB adapater and i connected that to the USB card. The
device doesn't appear in usbdevs. The LED light on the game pad is lit, and
when the "mode" button is pressed, it stays lit unless held.

Any ideas?

TIA