Subject: Re: Question on some kernel options, NetBSD 3.0
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
From: Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/11/2006 15:09:22
Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 10:39:34AM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
>
>>and there are countless interesting threads about this on the mailing
>>list archives as well, e.g. this one:
>>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-perform/2005/10/28/0000.html
>

> Sorry, the actual thread continues after this post:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2005/10/28/0018.html
> (same post, other list).
>
> 	Geert

I think that helped a bit, but I am still noticing about 10 second
delays when trying to run, top and mbmon for instance, while unpacking
pkgsrc.tar.gz. No swap is being used at all.

I'll try out that BUFQ option. I was a little bit hesitant to use it
because of the freezing issues I had read about though. I can't find
anywhere saying they've been fixed.

Thanks