Subject: Re: MIDI pins used as GPIO?
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/06/2006 14:43:34
Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>>    If that's not possible, the parallel port should be relatively easy to
>> use too.  I have no idea how easy/hard that is to use, software-wise,
>> though.
>
> I gave it a try, but writing to lpt0 does not produce interesting
> results. Someone has a pointer to some doc on the subject? A quick
> search with google gives me examples in x86 real mode.

If you want to use lpt for GPIO, then you either need to make ppbus
work, or you need to wire the appropriate pins in the parallel port to
make it look like a printer which is selected, not out of paper, and not
asserting an output error.

Or, disable that check in lptopen().

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget