Subject: Re: Mounting NetBSD partition through Linux
To: Yomims <yomims@samarinda.org>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/03/2006 07:11:28
> usually, i'm allocated a partition formatted using fat32 format just
> for this.
>
> that's an ugly hack, but it works, most of the time.
> the downside apart form usually all lowecases converted to lowercases,
> is that all permissions (file(s), directory(s)) are became nonexistent.

That's what I too was going to do initially. Till I discovered that
NetBSD can read-write ext2fs well, and so I might as well stick to
ext2fs and have the benefits of permissions and lower/ uppercases,
etc. :) Sad that Linux can't read-write ufs partitions ... its been
around for a long time anyways and widely used I'd guess ...

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
	NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
	http://search.gmane.org/?query=&group=gmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)