Subject: Re: Booting an extended partition using NetBSD
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/02/2006 20:32:16
Well, I am just trying out this new Linux distro that uses pkgsrc for
its package management. So I am not really sure what my long term
plans are with it. If I install GRUB and later on decide to remove it,
I'd have to revert back to NetBSD's bootloader etc ... right? So
thought let me stick on with the NetBSD bootloader. Apart from that,
its also a matter of curiousity. I have played around a bit with GRUB
and know it, but have never done much with the NetBSD one ... so I
just want to try things out with it and learn more. :)

I think there was something wrong with my partition table. Coz once I
made another logical partition, I was able to add a bootmenu entry for
the linux partition. However, it still does not appear in my boot time
options -- very strange.

When does it happen that fdisk shows a bootmenu entry but that entry
does not show up in the bootloader menu while booting?

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
	NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
	http://search.gmane.org/?query=&group=gmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)