Subject: Re: file systems for large, removable drives?
To: Carl Brewer <carl@bl.echidna.id.au>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/27/2006 07:56:05
Unfortunately, ffsdrv is read-only.

I suppose the best option is to use ext2fs. Both NetBSD and Windows
can read-write ext2fs (Windows needs the ext2fsd driver btw). The only
concern I would have with such an option is that ext2fs is not native
to NetBSD or Windows -- so how good is the ext2fs read-write code in
both OSes? That said, I guess I'd stick on with this option anyways.

I am not sure if there's a way to make an ext2fs partition through
NetBSD though. I dont see any command that goes "newfs_ext2fs" ... (I
am not at my NetBSD machine, so am just checking the man-pages for any
commands with ext2fs in them. I could be wrong).

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--=20
=09NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
=09http://man.netbsd.org/ (manpages)
=09http://news.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.general (archives)
=09http://news.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.devel.pkgsrc.user (archives)