Subject: Re: ACPI Support
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/24/2006 18:13:40
envstat gives me the temperature. powerd seems to be abt defining
events for various actions like pressing the power button or closing
the lid etc (please correct me if I am wrong).

> does the right thing for me.. In your dmesg, do you see acpibat ? How
> about the other "dmesg | grep acpi" lines?

Nopes. No "acpibat". I figure that line should give the battery status etc =
eh?

Here's "dmesg | grep acpi":

acpi0 at mainbus0
acpi0: using Intel ACPI CA subsystem version 20040211
acpi0: X/RSDT: OemId <TOSQCI,L10     ,20020413>, AslId < LTP,00000000>
acpi0: SCI interrupting at int 9
acpi0: fixed-feature power button present
ACPI Object Type 'Processor' (0x0c) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0A03 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0100 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0000 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0B00 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C04 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0200 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C02 at acpi0 not configured
INT0800 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
PNP0303 at acpi0 not configured
SYN1009 at acpi0 not configured
acpiec0 at acpi0 (PNP0C09): ACPI Embedded Controller
acpiec0: io 0x62,0x66
ACPI0001 at acpi0 not configured
ACPI0002 at acpi0 not configured
acpilid0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0D): ACPI Lid Switch
PNP0C0B at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0B at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
acpitz0 at acpi0: ACPI Thermal Zone
acpitz0: unable to get polling interval; using default of 30.0s
acpitz0: active cooling level 0: 68.0C
acpitz0: active cooling level 1: 61.0C
acpitz0: critical 110.0C passive 56.0C

Something seems critical there atleast .... :)

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--=20
Rakhesh Sasidharan - running NetBSD/i386 3.0 on a Toshiba Satellite L10