Subject: Re: ACPI Support
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/24/2006 16:09:55
Oh sorry, I guess I wasn't clear in my question.

What I meant by saying "use ACPI" is that are there any commands I can
use to see how much battery status remains, or any way I can get the
GNOME battery monitor to query ACPI and show me the battery status
etc. I found a document on the NetBSD docs page that tell you how to
use the various apm commands etc; I was hoping to find something
similar for ACPI.

Thanks for the pointers on how to compile ACPI support. I had tried
compiling my kernel for APM support (coz that's what I found first in
the power management doc), saw that it doesnt work (guess my laptop
doesnt have APM), and so then I tried compiling ACPI support coz I saw
thelines that u mentioned in the kernel config file. And now while I
get some ACPI messages while booting, I am lost as to what to do next.
:)

Thanks,
Rakhesh