Subject: Re: bge driver with broadcom 5752
To: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@intostroy.com>
From: Mickael Torres <torres.mickael@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2006 14:58:44
On 5/18/06, Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@intostroy.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 May 2006 12:28:08 +0200 Mickael Torres wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I work in a French computer school, where nearly all the computers
> > room are running netbsd (approx. 2000 box). We are about to upgrade
> > our systems with hp dc7600, which use a broadcom 5752 integrated gb
> > ethernet adapter. Actually the bge driver does not work with these. We
> > can offer a dc7600 to the person who can write or port a fully
> > functionnal driver for the broadcom adapter.
> >
> > If you are interested or have any informations you can contact us at
> > flop at epitech.net and/or mike at epitech.net.
> >
> > Our time is limited, but any information will be apreciated.
>
> Looking to code I'd say that NetBSD-current supports this chip since
> the end of 2005, so you can get it running relatively quick. Although
> backporting to NetBSD 3.x might be another story...
>
> BTW, what version you use? How updating all boxes to latest 3.0 will be
> hard for you?
>
> --
> Mishka.

The kernel hangs when it detects the network device in -current. I've
often tested -current since january 2006 and everytime the same thing
happens:
bge0: interrupting at irq 10
NMI ... going to debugger
Stopped in pid 0.1 (swapper) at 0xc02d3688: xorl %eax,%eax
db>
When I disable the card in the BIOS, the system runs fine and smoothly.

--
Mike